The Summit at Snoqualmie: “Seattle’s Home Mountain”
Just an hour from Seattle on Interstate-90, The Summit at Snoqualmie (and Alpental) re-define convenience, variety, and fun for skiers and snowboarders. Featuring famous steeps, back-bowls, terrain parks, a Nordic center and Tubing Park as well as great learning terrain, The Summit delivers 7 days, and 6 nights a week, and is less than 50 miles from downtown Seattle!
As our SnowSports Snowboard Instructor, you will help our guests safely learn to snowboard so that they can have a memorable day in the mountains with the goal of creating lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
How You’ll Succeed
At the core, your role is about nurturing connections with people. Composure and an engaging, empathetic communication style will be key to achieving organizational goals. As a SnowSports Instructor, you will consistently promote Boyne Resorts core values of L.E.A.D. with all approaches and all undertakings.
Long Term Thinking | Excellence in Execution | Attitude is Everything | Develop Great People
In this role you will:
• Clearly and accurately instruct assigned lesson levels to students in alignment with PSIA teaching standard
• Have excellent guest service skills and be willing to work with guests of all ages from 3 years old to adult.
• Work comfortably with various cultures and ages in a team environment.
• Attend all training sessions as assigned.
• Assist with non-teaching guest service functions including but not limited to snow removal, snow fencing and on hill animation, boot fitting, running the magic carpet, etc.
• Can assist in all base area and mountain activities which may include snow removal, trash removal and any other duties as assigned by manager.
• Have a clean and welcoming appearance.
• Be able to pass pre-employment background screening.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous customer service experience that includes:
• Quality guest service skills.
• Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring.
• Excellent communication skills, and feels comfortable addressing small groups of people.
• Able to work holidays and weekends per seasonal demands and business needs.
• Willingness to support and work as a member of a team
• Flexible with work days and hours
• Sixteen (16) years or older at the time of hire
• PSIA - AASI Certification, a plus.
• FREE season pass
• Resort & industry discounts
• Flexible working hours
About Boyne Resorts:
Boyne Resorts was founded by Everett Kircher, 1947 with the purchase of 40 acres of Northern Michigan mountainside. The transaction of $1, from former State Senator Pierson, led to the development of Boyne Mountain.
Boyne Resorts is now a collection of world-class ski and golf resorts spanning North America. The company employs over 7,000 full-time and seasonal staff. It currently operates 13 experiential resort properties: 10 ski resorts and 11 golf courses. The company, based in Boyne Falls, Michigan, owns and/or operates properties in the U.S. states of Michigan, Montana, Washington, Maine, New Hampshire, Tennessee, and Utah, and the Canadian province of British Columbia. Boyne Resorts is the largest ski resort operator in North America in terms of number of resorts, and second in number of skier visits at almost 3.8 million visitors. Boyne Resorts also holds numerous patents on snowmaking technologies and considered an industry innovator.