Works with the vice president of marketing on four-season communication plans, including social media, email, and proactive and reactive media relations. Responsible for website content management, writing website copy, social media posts, email copy and maintaining an emergency communication plan. Responsible for timely online content updates and daily conditions reporting function. Represents resort in on-camera interviews and media visits.
CREATES RESORT COMMUNICATIONS PLAN AND MANAGES EFFICIENT AND TIMELY
• Understands marketing and communications goals for the resort
• Responsible for creation, management and execution of communications plan to gain and leverage maximum earned media exposure
• Proactive outreach and pitching of stories to targeted media
• Manages distribution of press releases and maintenance of media lists using PR management software
• Responds to media requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Coordinates arrangements and interviews for all on-site media visits
• Acts as a spokesperson for the Resort, including on-camera interviews
• Monitors resort exposure in stories, forums, non-brand blogs and social media, etc.
• Works with VP of Marketing to update, maintain and execute resort Emergency Communications Plan as needed
• Tracks and measures earned media exposure using PR management software
• Attends media events as needed
CREATES AND EXECUTES SOCIAL MEDIA PLAN TO MEET RESORT GOALS
WITH MEASURABLE RESULTS
• Understands social media goals for the resort (branding/awareness, building community, guest service, product/service development)
• Bring resort brand to life with strong presence through existing targeted social media channels
• Tracks defined social media metrics
CREATE AND DEPLOY DIGITAL IMAGE ASSSETS
• Capture photo and video content for use across all resort channels.
• Organizes digital asset library to ensure easy access for users
• Responsible for all photo and video equipment
RESPONSIBLE FOR TIMELY AND CONSISTENT UPDATES ONLINE CONTENT
• Works with Website & Database Manager for regular and timely updates of web content including photography, video, and media resources
• Write & deploy emails that support resort initiatives and communications plan
RESPONSIBLE FOR CONDITIONS REPORTING FUNCTION
• Organizes and manages daily conditions reporting procedure and execution to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of information.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Arts or similar four-year degree, a minimum of two years of marketing experience; strong written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of online and social channels and the ability to work with multiple departments, groups and people is required. Basic working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications, email service providers, and Microsoft application proficiency required. Resort experience, digital media expertise and basic video shooting/ & editing are a plus. Advanced ability to ski or snowboard is required for this position.