Zipline Guide is a full-time seasonal position at Boyne Highlands Resort. Guides are responsible for organizing and leading group tours on the Zip Line while ensuring safety of all guests and creating positive experience. Job tasks and performance expectations regarding quality of work and accuracy are well defined by existing standards, systems and technology. A conscientious, disciplined approach to work is essential.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
-Meet, greet and register guests.
-Assist and lead participants with gearing-up, safety orientation and general tour information.
-Guide guests safely through every element of Zipline Activities.
-Communicate and point out items of interest included throughout the tour.
-Manage risky behavior and maintain control of the tour group at all times.
-Ensure trails and lines are maintained to standards and report any concerns.
-Develop new ideas and curriculum programming to fit the expanding needs of guests.
Supervisory Duties: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Work Environment: The Team Member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For best success, find candidates who thrive in the environment described below.
Pace and Variety of Activities
• Steady, even pace to promote accuracy and quality of work
• Repetitive procedures and routines, supported by established guidelines
• Complete tasks one at a time according to procedures
• Specialist focus
• Work within established standards and procedures
• Develop and maintain cooperative and harmonious relationships with a wide variety of people
• Decision-making occurs only within established guidelines
• Through training provided in span of control of job
• Supported by management
Communication and Collaboration
• Frequent contact and communication with a wide variety of people
• Friendly, outgoing communication style
• Agreeable, understanding of other styles, attitudes and behaviors
• Helpful, supportive to team members
Delegation and Leadership Style
• Based on mastery of job knowledge and experience
• Training in how to effectively delegate provided if required
• Cooperative, team approach
• Emphasis on recognition and support of work well done