Manages Conference Services functions and team on a daily basis, including the departments of Event Planning, Banquets/Catering, Event Service and Event Technology. Position has overall responsibility for executing all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. Ensures team maximizes revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting catering for all events. The position is responsible for achieving exceptional guest experiences, while encouraging high levels of team member engagement. Create and manages the financial performance of the department, with considerations of overall resort impact.
- Patient – Achieves growth among team members by working in steady and helpful manner; moves easily thru ongoing change and adjustments made within the operation to support team and company goals
- Detail-oriented – Ensures work is done in a complete, accurate and in accordance with Boyne standards and policies with an extreme sense of urgency in fine tuning the details
- Composed – Remains calm in a faster than average work pace, combined with varied levels of business and a uniquely blended work force
- Effective communicator – Ensures that conference & event details are delivered consistently to resort operations; possesses strong interpersonal communication skills to build working relationships that cross multiple divisions at the resort
- Collaborative– Works closely with the food & beverage and sales & marketing teams in particular, to continuously improve and expand the conference services and event management division at the resort to achieve the best results possible; ensures the opportunity for team members to be heard and is a champion for team member growth