Boyne Resorts seeks an experienced and talented interior architectural design professional to join our Design Team. Boyne is committed to creating an unforgettable experience with dynamic and innovative designs. Project types vary widely throughout each resort from hotels and restaurants to spas and fitness centers as well as privately owned real estate. If you are passionate about design, hardworking, talented, ambitious, and courageous with your creativity and dedication, this may be the career opportunity for you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
**Please be sure to upload a resume and portfolio (must be one single file) to the resume section of your iCIMS profile when applying for this position
As a Designer with Boyne Design Group, you will enjoy the perks of working Full Time Year-Round for a four-seasons resort company with locations across the east and west coasts, northern Michigan, and Vancouver, British Columbia. You will earn competitive wages with room for growth, receive healthcare and PTO benefits, and qualify for golf and ski privileges, food and beverage and retail discounts, reduced room rates at our lodging properties, and more.
Job Duties & Expectations (including, but not limited to):
• Program client needs, prepare conceptual and schematic design packages, and design development and construction documentation.
• Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
• Develop Model Room Drawings including furniture layouts and elevations in Auto Cad and/or Revit.
• Participate in selection of hospitality furniture, appropriate systems and specifications.
• Produce FF&E specifications for lighting, furnishings, hardware, floor/window coverings, materials, and finishes.
• Detail design elements, such as furniture and lighting fixture drawings for custom designs.
• Effectively communicate with clients and/or consultants; speak clearly and persuasively and write clearly and informatively.
• Interact with vendors and manufacturers to follow up on products, verify pricing, order samples, etc.
• Render floor plans and elevations for presentation.
• Ability to 3D model to convey design to Senior Designer and/or Client.
• Coordinate and organize unit pricing and working budgets.
• Review and document Construction Administration Submittals.
• Possess a good eye for color theory and follow trends in hospitality design and can articulate those during the design process.
• Assist in field surveying of client spaces.
• Self-motivated with willingness to take initiative and work under the pressure of deadlines.
• Work cooperatively as a team or autonomously as needed.
• Attention to detail and a desire to perform at a high level.
• Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the industry
• Professional appearance and demeanor.