Seasonal internship position in the Inn at Bay Harbor IT Department. Ideal candidate would be an individual in the first or second year of college pursuing an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology. Team member will provide desktop PC support, including virus and malware removal for Inn at Bay Harbor team members. Create and maintain Active Directory Windows accounts. Maintain voice and data cabling infrastructure (indoor and outdoor). Repair or replace defective wiring. Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair or replace various systems, including but not limited to: company computers, cell phones and printers. Use vendor support to resolve difficult problems. Document technical solutions for future reference purposes. Perform and maintain an inventory of tools and equipment. Maintain stocks of consumable supplies. May be assigned additional tasks by supervisor. Use of personal vehicle for travel within the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area is required. Mileage reimbursement provided once the proper form is completed and approved.
This job requires extensive daily contact with both Inn at Bay Harbor team members and guests. Customer service is a key element of the job and adherence to Inn at Bay Harbor service values is mandatory.
• Must be able to work weekends, nights and other shifts as needed
• Require a minimum of High School diploma or equivalent. Desire 2 years related work experience.
• Prefer knowledge of network cabling, T568A/B wiring standards, and cable count color-codes a plus.
• Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications is required.
• Basic knowledge of network concepts.
• Ability to critically think and use various resources, including vendor support, reference manuals, internet resources, and documentation to solve problems is required.
• Must complete all training modules including PCI and OSHA.
• Must have a smartphone with cellular and internet access
• Valid driver’s license and functioning vehicle with current registration and insurance.