The Inn at Bay Harbor is looking for a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude who is enthusiastic about refining and driving employee engagement and development in the workplace. The Human Resources Director is a full-time, year-round position at Inn at Bay Harbor with health benefits and other BOYNE and Marriott company discounts and perks. This position will be responsible for the detailed execution all operational aspects of the Human Resources department, including but not limited to: Recruitment, Health Benefits, Team Member Relations and Programs, and some Payroll components. Processes will be focused not only on completing the tasks at hand, but also reaching for the long-term goals of the department and the Inn at Bay Harbor.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
• Develop and implement recruiting strategies and goals including job fairs, job postings, college recruiting, and advertising
• Maintain updated personnel and payroll files through proper onboarding and offboarding processes and regular upkeep
• Oversee proper administration of health benefits, FMLA, and paid sick leave to team members
• Assist in administration of 401K program to team members
• Budget for department expenses and keep accurate records of bill and payments
• Monitor and aid the department use of work shift time-management software
• Lead and Manage HR department team members
• Work with General Manager and resort department managers to set staffing goals, determine department specific recruiting strategies and create and maintain staffing plans throughout the year
• Maintain daily contact with General Manager and resort department managers regarding employee performance management, compensation, benefits, recruitment and retention, company policies and procedures, and employment law compliance, and organize the management training of these topics
• Oversee and assist with internship programs for both American and International college students
Bachelor's degree and three to five years related HR management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must be familiar with Outlook, Microsoft Office 365 including Microsoft Excel, and be capable of learning the payroll, recruitment, and other internal software and programs used to conduct daily business.
Must be able to handle highly confidential matters in a sensitive and professional manner. Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to manage time, be well organized, handle multiple tasks, and have a high attention to detail. Must be able to work weekends and holidays during the summer season. Experience in the resort industry is preferred.