Inn at Bay Harbor is a Marriott Autograph Collection Hotel nestled on the shoreline of Lake Michigan. It is a place and experience that is Exactly Like Nothing Else.
Massage Therapist is a part- or full-time, year-round position at Inn at Bay Harbor. The primary responsibility of the therapist is to perform massages and various other treatments as scheduled by spa concierges.
• Provide consistent professional spa massage and body treatments compliant with spa protocols and accepted documentation practices.
• Handle guests’ queries and concerns efficiently and politely.
• Uphold the standards of hygiene and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
• Provide exact, suitable and instant responses to all requests by guests.
• Possess the aptitude to work with no direct supervision.
• Maintain a constructive attitude and add toward a quality work environment.
• Regularly present at, take part in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
• Help in all areas of spa operation as requested by organization.
• Perform prep work, correctly clean and restock room as necessary.
• Communicate to administration any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that need concentration.
• Actively support the spa, treatments, services and retail, in addition to programs, promotions and/or discounts obtainable.
• Converse to management any and all occurrences connecting staff or guests in the spa that require notice.
• Efficiently inform and teach guests concerning specific wellness concerns.
• Properly care for tools and use proper amounts of manufactured goods to assist with cost controls.
• Requires graduation of a quality massage school training program and licensed by the State of Michigan.
• Prior experience working in a day spa or hotel/resort spa strongly preferred.
• Excellent guest service and communication skills required.
• Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Inn at Bay Harbor Team Members and their eligible family members are provided with a benefit package like no other. Working here gives you access to both Boyne Resorts and Marriott team discounts. Simply put, you get the best of both worlds.