ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this classification and are not all-inclusive of the specific position.
- Preparing food according to food handling guidelines and cooking procedures
- Measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipe or use record to prepare and prep food items
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Communicating and coordinating production with other cooks, wait staff and members of the food and beverage team
- Possessing knowledge and/or become familiar with all kitchen equipment
- Adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, kettles, etc
- Observing and testing foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with thermometer to determine proper preparation and cooking
- Plating and portioning food and maintain consistency according to presentation specifications, using records or specs
- Labeling, dating and rotating all stored food
- Performing inventory
- Performing closing procedures including equipment maintenance and shut off, cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas
- Other duties as assigned.
- Success With The Guest -Create a positive impression for our guests. Genuinely welcomes the guest: smiles, makes eye contact, engages the guest in conversation and thanks them for their patronage.
- Work Performance and Job Knowledge -Accuracy, attention to detail, volume of work produced and speed in which it is completed. Such knowledge may be gained from education, experience, training and the ability to adapt to new situations.
- Teamwork -Upbeat and dependable. Demonstrates the ability to cooperate, communicate and work as a team player with co-workers, supervisors, and outside contacts.
- Professionalism –Acts professionally and is respectful of others. Adherence to all uniform standards.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Communicates absences and schedule changes in a timely manner. Promptness in reporting to work and adherence to break and lunch schedules.
- Safety – Demonstrates safety consciousness with guests, resort and co-workers. Attends safety meetings and adheres to safety codes and procedures.