Knowledge and Skills:
- Require a minimum of High School diploma or equivalent. Desire 2 years related work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of CAT5 and above cabling, T568B wiring standard, and cable count color codes a plus.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Ability to use basic hand tools is required.
- Ability to use logic, vendor support, reference manuals, Internet resources, and documentation to solve problems is required.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for company insurance purposes.
- Ability to ski or snowboard at or above the beginner level to perform on-mountain tasks.
Extent of Public Contact:
This job requires extensive, daily contact with both the public, Big Sky Resort guests and Big Sky Resort employees. Customer service is a key element of the job and adherence to Big Sky Resort’s service values is mandatory. For the most part, Big Sky Resort employees are the IT department’s customers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use common technician hand tools.
- Ability to work in areas without handicap access.
- Ability to work on a ladder.
- Ability to communicate verbally with public, customers and employees.
- Ability to read manuals, documentation and computer screens.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Weekend work schedule required.
- Night work schedule may be required.
- The successful applicant will be required to carry a cellular phone and to be on call.
- Working environment can include dirty, dusty, damp, dark, hot and cold conditions.
- Appropriate equipment will be provided for hazardous conditions.
All full time year round employment at Big Sky Resort includes:
- Options for Health, Vision/Dental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off tier structure
- FREE All Access Ski/Golf Pass for yourself and spouse/dependents
- Retail/F&B discounts at all Boyne outlets